4th Grade Nevada History in Mrs. Lamb's Room
"The Mining Experience"
Directions: fill out 4 vocabulary cards per day, 12 cards total.
- mineral with a boundary that separates it from the rock around it.
- when the vein is sticking out on the side of the mountain
- wooden structure above the shaft opening
the rock in which valuable minerals are found.
- horizontal opening into the mountain so you can get the ore, also called a draft or tunnel
- the end of the tunnel where the workers ore blasting to make the tunnel longer
- vertical entrance into a mine
-a large hole open to surface to expose ore so it can be removed without going underground
- removing the ore that has been blasted blasted from the face. The man that does this work is called the mucker(noun)
-using a pan water and gravity to separate gold from lighter sand and rock
-a machine for digging down into the earth to get minerals out and to put explosives in.
- setting off an explosion to loosen up the ground for mining
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.